High Discharge Rate Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Battery

$ 149.99

The 12 volt, 7.2 amp high discharge rate hour LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) battery is designed to be a drop in replacement for standard sealed lead acid batteries in UPS, alarm, and other similar applications that are 151 x 65 x 94 millimeters (5.94 x 2.56 x 3.7 inches) in size. It consists of an internal BMS (battery management system) and lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) cells enclosed in standard UPS battery form factor for plug and play use.

The maximum continuous discharge rate per battery at 12 volts DC is 45 amps (540 watts). This is much higher than other LiFePO4 batteries in the same form factor which is why this battery is rated as "high discharge". 

The two main advantages of this LiFePO4 battery over sealed lead acid batteries are the significant reduction in weight and extreme (10x or more) increase in cycle life. For example, in most UPS (uninterruptible power supply) lead acid batteries have a 200-300 cycle life and last between 3-5 years. This LiFePO4 battery has a cycle life of 2,000-3,000 and would last 10-20 years in the same scenario.  

Video Of Battery Replacement/Upgrade On CyberPower UPS


Model: BBP-LIFEPO4-HDR-12V-7.2AH

Safety: Built In BMS (Battery Management System)

 7.2 Amp Hours

Energy Stored:
 92 Watt Hours

Nominal Voltage:
12.8 Volts 

Voltage Range During Discharge:
14.6 Volts to 10 Volts

1.256 kg | 2.8 lbs

Dimensions (L x W x H):
151 x 65 x 94 Millimeters | 5.94 x 2.56 x 3.7 Inches

Cycle Life:
 2000+ Discharge Cycles To 20% Remaining Charge >800 Full Discharge Cycles With 80% Recoverable Capacity

Charge Method:
CC/CV To 14.6 Volts. Will Work With Modern Lead Acid Chargers Including Automotive Charging Systems. Do Not Use Chargers With Desulfate Mode

Normal Charge Current:
1.5 Amps, Lower Charge Currents Are OK

Maximum Charge Current: 7.5 Amps

Maximum Continuous Discharge Current:
 45 Amps

Charge Temperature Range:
0°C to 60°C

Discharge Temperature Range
: -10°C to 60°C

Storage Temperature Range:
0°C to 25°C For 1 year | -5°C to 35°C For 3 Months

Mounting Position:
Can Be Mounted On Any Side Or Upside Down

 3 Years Free Replacement Warranty 

The warranty period is set based on the most aggressive application (energy storage) of this battery where the battery is cycled twice fully daily (365 days X 2 cycles X 3 years = 2,190 cycles).

In a UPS application, the batteries are fully cycled maybe a couple times a year unless the input power is abnormally unreliable, so the electronics and plastic will break down far before the cycle life limit is ever reached.

The 20 year estimated life for UPS applications is conservative based on battery cycles, but other electrical components do break down over time like the internal battery management board and wiring. 

In UPS applications it is highly likely that the UPS itself will need to be replaced before the battery. 

UPS Drop In Replacement Compatibility: This battery was specifically designed to work as a drop in replacement for all Battery Backup Power, Inc. passive and active UPS (uninterruptible power supply) systems. No special firmware or other adjustments need to be made to the UPS. This battery can simply replace the existing Yuasa NPW36-12 or Yuasa REW45-12 batteries that come installed in all Battery Backup Power, Inc. UPS systems.

If used in UPS/battery backup applications, the backup time calculation and battery health software in APC, Eaton, CyberPower and other manufacturer's UPS/battery backup systems should continue to work accurately as these batteries are designed to operate almost identically to sealed lead acid batteries.

You may experience more backup time than the backup time software reports on some UPS models due to the efficiency of LiFePO4 discharge curve over lead acid.

Also, if the batteries are drained to zero, the battery health software may report they are bad because lead acid batteries are terminally dead at low to zero volts. In this case, the LiFePO4 batteries just need to be charged up to over 10-11 volts again before the lead acid battery health system/software recognizes that they are healthy and usable. This is rare and would only happen in situations where the UPS is left unplugged for months or years and naturally drains or if you have a UPS with software that doesn’t cut off the discharge at a certain voltage (like 10 volts).

 UPS Model Number Of Batteries
BBP-1500A-PSW-LI 3
BBP-2000A-PSW-LI 4
BBP-6000-PSW-ONL 20
BBP-10000-PSW-ONL 20
BBP-15000-PSW-ONL 40
BBP-20000-PSW-ONL 40